Caring for your tattoo is just as important as choosing the right artist to ink your tattoo on you. After you leave the tattoo shop, follow these simple guidelines for proper tattoo aftercare that will leave your tattoo in the best possible condition.
Remove bandage after 1-2 hours after being tattooed.
- Wash the tattoo with warm water and an antibacterial soap ( water should be as warm as you can handle with out burning)
- Rinse the tattoo with cold water
- Let the tattoo air dry for 10 minutes or so
- Gently massage a thin layer of AQUAPHOR healing ointment into your tattoo (think lotion not cake frosting)
- Repeat this process ( minus the cold water rinse) for the first 2 days when the tattoo feels like it is drying out
- After 2 days switch from aquaphor to a plain white lotion for the next week or until the tattoo looks normal
- No direct sunlight
- No lakes pools jacuzzis or oceans for the first 2 weeks
- No picking or scratching the tattoo when it becomes itchy
These are the products I recommend for healing